Saturday, August 25, 2012

Straightening Hair

Here is a short tutorial on how to straighten your dolls' hair with a flat iron. Comment and let me know how it turns out if you try this! I'd love to hear it.

NOTE: While you can get beautiful results, heat on doll hair can go very wrong very fast. Be careful when applying heat to your dolls' locks. If you're under 18, be sure to get adult permission or help if you decide to do this to your doll. :)

What I used:
  • Flat iron
  • Wire hairbrush
  • Doll strand
  • Spray bottle


First, heat your iron to the LOWEST setting.


Ready your undressed doll. Because her crimps were caused by braids, the back of her hair is already straight, so I pulled it out of the way. If you're going to work on a whole head of hair, I would still do this so you could work on separate sections easier.


Begin by brushing out the hair, making it smooth and removing any knots.


I separated each section into three sections to work on individually. Again, brush out the section. Iron carefully and don't jerk it quickly, just go down the hair at a careful, steady pace. Don't go too slow as you don't want it to get too much heat and begin to melt. I found I only needed to iron twice, maybe three times, but this may vary from doll to doll.


Half way done! Looking good! Now repeat on the other side.


And you're done! It's actually very quick and easy, you just have to be careful because of the heat. You may want to take a spray bottle and spritz down where you applied heat. I don't know if it does anything but it made me feel better to know her hair was at a cool temperature, just in case. (:



Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment