Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Girl for All Time

Matilda in her meet outfit.
A Girl for All Time is similar to the American Girl Collection. They have stories written for dolls available, that cover different eras in English history. What I find interesting, is that each of the characters can trace their ancestory back to matilda, who lives in Tudor times during the reign of Henry VIII. Of course, I find this out months after I begin a custom doll for my medieval character also named Matilda. :P Oh well, such is life. Currently available is Matilda, with pre-order sales of their second doll, Amelia - a Victorian girl. The dolls are 16" tall and have articulated elbows and knees.
US prices are $134.99 per doll, which is pricey but they appear to be lovely and well made. Clothing prices range from $19.99-$59.99, depending on the outfit. Again, pricey, but the outfits are so lovely, and have so many details.


 
Matilda dressed in Masked Ballgown (Retails $29.99)
Amelia dressed in Amelia's Party Dress (Retails $49.99)
I think Amelia is quite lovely. I prefer her facemold to Matilda's, and her eyes are SO pretty. I may keep an eye on these dolls and order one eventually, but due to price and I'm sure shipping from the UK will be high too, right now I can just adore photos online. Plus, I may like another doll more. Not available yet, but mentioned on their website in the family tree, is Sophia (a Georgian girl), Olivia (a Restoration girl), Elinor (an Elizabethan girl), and Clementine (a World War II girl). Amelia just has this sweet, gentle expression that I don't see often on dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment