Thursday, August 2, 2012

Designer Villains


Is anyone else excited about the Disney Designer Villains Collection? I absolutely adored the Designer Princesses and was very excited to hear they were going to do villains as well.

This time around there will be six dolls, complete with a very nice display box and Certificate of Authenticity. Each doll is LE (that is, Limited Edition) of 13,000. They retail for $80 each ($20 more than the princesses sold for). The release dates and dolls are as follows:

September 10: Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
September 17: The Evil Queen (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
Sepetember 24: The Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)
October 1: Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
October 8: Mother Gothel (Tangled)
October 15: Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmations)

I'm really excited for them. I think I'm going to get The Queen of Hearts. When I first heard the villains rumor I knew instantly I'd love an awesome Queen of Hearts. She took a bit to grow on me but I think I'm happy with her, and being an Alice in Wonderland fan, I've been wanting a doll from the movie for a while. I'm also glad they upped the LE number from last time - it was crazy with everyone trying to get those princess dolls.

In addition to the six dolls, there will also be other items included in the line featuring the artwork of the six villains, including cosmetics, clothing, coffee mugs, and notebooks. I find I like the artwork even more than I like the dolls! I'm hoping they'll have notecards like they did with the princesses. I'd like to frame them. The details in the art is just stunning.

 I know some people online are upset and wish they'd come out with the ten villains who go with the ten princesses from the Designer Princess line, but I'm happy with it. I love the princess movies of course but I also love the others too, and I like that they haven't boxed this collection into a princess mindset. I was very happy to see they included The Queen of Hearts and Cruella.

I hope they continue these Designer lines. I love seeing them take these classic characters and give them a new look that all flows together. How about those lovely Disney gals that get forgotten about next time around? Alice and Meg would be more than welcomed into my collection... :)

You can see more photos and info on this line on Disney Store blog: http://blog.disneystore.com/blog/2012/06/introducing-the-villains-designer-collection-at-disney-store-.html

What's everyone else think about this line? Share in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment