Monday, August 13, 2012

Bringing Matilda to Life

Remember that post a while ago about purchasing an American Girl and customizing her? She arrived! Well, she arrived... multiple months ago, I just haven't gotten around to posting. Sorry! Anyway, on to the photos!

Here's what she looked like right out of her shipping box... I also purchased Josefina's Christmas dress from the same person so she came wearing it, and she just ended up wearing that for a while.


I added freckles and lip paint. I had a hard time with this. I really wanted light, little freckles just over her nose - think Disney's Rapunzel - but for some reason it just wouldn't work! It just looked wrong on her... she just disagreed with my opinion I guess! So they're bold and spread out, but I like them. For the lips, I wanted the deeper color to make her appear older, as she's supposed to be 18, not 10.

Her wig is not permanent; I just couldn't decide what wig to give her, so she's wearing my childhood Felicity's wig for now. It's in horrible condition, but it's better than nothing. I think I've finally decided on a wig, so she'll be officially finished within a month hopefully! :)

Just for kicks I styled her hair with random braids. The wig being so thin and dry, it looks horrible just loose, and thought perhaps all the different layers of braids might hide that lol. SO needed to be replaced (as remember, the only reason Matilda was purchased was so my Lissie could have her wig!).


Two pretty girls. Next to Matilda with her new facepaint, Felicity looks super washed out. She really needs a repaint! Excuse the condition of her wig too, I was impatient and took this picture before gluing it down and brushing it out to lay nicely... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment