Friday, August 3, 2012

Lost in Lalaloopsyland

I've discovered another doll line - Lalaloopsy! At first I thought to myself, very cute, but not for me. Well... that was before I found the Alice in Lalaloopsyland set! It included Alice and the Mad Hatter. Super adorable. Being a huge Alice in Wonderland fan... I couldn't pass it up. It's all been downhill since. ;) So far I have kept it to the mini versions of all of them though!
I really love the fairytale ones. In addition to the Alice in Wonderland set, I also have Snowy Fairest and Scarlet Riding Hood... that is, their versions of Snow White and Little Red Riding Hood. I also have Peanut, who is a little circus girl, but I renamed her Lilka because I thought Peanut was a cuter name for her little pet elephant. I like elephants... hehe.

Alice & the Red Queen
While I continued to check out this little world of Lalaloopsy, I found customs that people had done and thought to myself, hey... that would be fun! So, I decided to continue to build on my Alice in Lalaloopsyland world, and created the Red Queen. I really like her. I enjoyed repainting her so much, I decided to do more! I currently have a White Queen in the works, and plans for the Queen of Hearts as well. 

The Red Queen in Lalaloopsyland

Something that really excites me about the White Queen, is that I found the same doll for a base as I did the Red Queen, so their hair and outfits will be identical except for color! :) 

They're also fairly inexpensive, which is nice. The single packs are about $6.99 at most places, and the double packs about $12.99. I'd really like to get into customizing them and selling them on Etsy, but first we need to get settled down in our new place (we just moved a couple weeks ago and still getting used to the swing of things).

I don't have a photo right now, but they also make perfect dolls for larger dolls. My AG and DAC dolls can even hold Lalas in their hands by themselves!



No comments:

Post a Comment