Saturday, December 1, 2012

Package in the mail!

Whatever could be inside?

I went and dug Nicki out of her box for the season. I wanted my modern girls to spend Christmas together, and I was excited to get them traditional Christmas outfits! I got them both when we were living in Hawaii and as a result, their holiday dresses were a little too tropical for the winter weather here in Illinois. Since I plan on staying in IL for a long time, it was time to purchase them new dresses. I went through all the different MyAG Christmas outfits that have been available, and considered some of the historical dresses too (Nellie's is just too cute!), and finally decided.

Nicki's came from a member on one of my doll boards. I decided she needed a fancy frilly dress, and this one popped right out at me and I was happy to find it listed on my board!


Peeking inside...


This is the Midnight Holly outfit from 2007 - which is also the year Nicki was Girl of the Year! Worked out quite nicely.


Here is the outfit on her (please don't mind her hair - I literally unpacked her and took her right to the box and photos!). There's a little button and a little tag with a buttonhole on the inside so you can pull up her dress for a second look to pull it up a little. I'm not really crazy about the feature and am only aware it exists because of reviews online. It makes the dress look defected, in my opinion. AG never pushed this option so I'm guessing after they mass produced it they realized it didn't really work well. Not only because of appearances but because the button slips right out of the little tag! So it stays down lookin' all lovely at all times.



Close up of some of the detail on the dress. Gorgeous!



Her little shoes. SO cute! They're little heels. Not very hard to stand her in them either. Lovely.

I also got the Holiday Accessory Set that was made to go with this dress.


Accessory set includes crown, purse, box of chocolates, card, and six sets of stick on earrings for your doll. Two pairs of black, two pairs of red, and two pairs of pearls (fake). The red doesn't really match the outfit but I'm sure they'll get used for other outfits. I haven't tried them out yet but may put the pearls on her when we get closer to Christmas. :)


I really love the crown because it really pulls the little miss princess look together - PERFECT for my Nicki! My only complaint about the whole set is the crown is a little long. Should have been made a little shorter. It stays on very well though (with teeth in the middle at the base to tuck in her hair) and doesn't look too bad.


The box of chocolates is SO CUTE! Favorite part of the set. I like that you can pass it off as any present, or open it up to enjoy some sweets. The chocolates have little details that look like icing. They do not come out of the box but perhaps it's better that way so they don't get lost ;) The box itself is very sturdy so no fear of crushing it in play.



The purse opens so you can hold teeny tiny accessories inside.


Little card comes out of the envelope. It features a sprig of holy and reads "American Girl". The inside is blank.


The purse rests nicely on the dolls wrist and doesn't weight it down, and dolls can even hold the envelope between their fingers!

Here she is (with her hair done! lol!) with her sister, Jess - review on Jess' outfit coming up next! :)



 "Silver and gold, silver and gold
Mean so much more when I see
Silver and gold decorations
On ev'ry Christmas tree."




No comments:

Post a Comment