Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Ladies on the Shelf

The girlies who don't get brought down much (:


This is Fay. "Fay" is Hawaiian for "Fairy". Yes. I was feeling very creative that day. She's actually a very small fairy doll that sits on my bookshelf with her little feet hanging over. She also has a string on her head so I could also actually hang her on the wall... but she likes her spot on the shelf just fine. (:


This is a shelf above the window. First off we have Belle, a holiday doll from this Disney store, I believe from 1997. I got her off of eBay when I decided it was high time I got myself a Disney Princess doll. (: I've been debating lately if I should take her out of her box or not. I'm really not convinced she'll ever be worth so much that I'll regret it, and dolls are so much more fun out of their box. Maybe I'll just buy another one and then have it both ways. ;) She is so pretty though! So much prettier than most other Disney Princess dolls right now.
Next to Belle we have is my 1998 Happy Holidays Barbie.


Here in the middle of the shelf is a doll my mother gave me. I'm really not sure where she's from and I've actually never gave her a name (poor dear). She's porcelain, and her blonde hair and blue dress has always reminded me of Kirsten from the American Girls Collection.
Beside her, Barbie as Rapunzel in a Rapunzel dress from 1999. I'm not certain the doll and dress came together -  but I had more than one, and when I got rid of my Barbies I only picked a few to keep, and therefore picked my favorite Rapunzel (one of my favorite stories growing up) and favorite Rapunzel dress.
Next to Rapunzel is porcelain Christmas doll, Holly. I found her in an antique store and know as much about her origin as I do about my other porcelain doll.
Finally, we have a 2000 Barbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment